Saturday, September 18, 2010

Seriously?!

I guess I wrongfully assumed that when the cabinet guy came and did his final final final measurements he would then begin building cabinets. A call to the GC to check up on the cabinets Thursday revealed that the cabinet guy will BEGIN building the cabinets Thursday and they won't be ready to install until the week of the 27th. Maybe cabinets will actually be built this time?

Onto den news, the insurance company is apparently busy with people who got more damage than us during the storm. The adjuster will be at our house also on the 27th to look at the damage. In the meantime I am enjoying all the lovely mold that is likely to be growing in the walls. Scrambletron was not impressed, and again decided she could do a better job. Being dumb, she again demoed the wrong wall....

Scrambletron made sure to get all that drywall under the door off, and the molding...for good measure.

At least our walls are all back to normal with the texture, you can't even tell where the ceiling patch is!


With all this waiting and no kitchen it has left me thinking about the finishes, paint colors and tiles. Thankfully it has given me plenty of time to second guess ALL of my choices, ah the beauty of delays! I found an awesome website that does all colors and blends of mosaic tile, so I ordered samples and am now considering doing the entire backsplash in mosaics. Now all I have to do is pick a tile...what do you do if you like them all? The tile choice all depends on how it will look with the granite and then the paint colors will all depend on the tile we pick. And I still haven't tossed out the idea of subway tile...too many choices! Anyway, I tried to take pics of all the tile so everyone can see and maybe give an opining....



Oh the choices! We ruled out the one with the black, and are focusing on the three in the last few photos. But I am not going to be sure until the cabinets and granite are in!

No comments:

Post a Comment