Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hawaii 5-0


After losing a purse after a sunset booze cruise off Waikiki we met with a local police officer to file a police report.  Flying is going to be difficult without ID, we read having a police report should help.  The cop showed up and began making the 'police report' in his tiny spiral-bound note book.  I imagined he was writing something along the lines of:

Dear Dairy,

Purse was stollen, left in a cab off Waikiki.  If found call this number...

XOXO
Officer Pe-yope'

The lines had no quality control as he scribbled his notes across the small page of his diary.  I wondered what happens with those notes?  Does he turn in that chicken scratch to his commander, who'll gather everyone together to show what a great job he did, placing in a high prominent spot on the refrigerator.  Or maybe they'll all go out and bury it in the yard and see if a pretty banyon tree will grow.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it's okay! I'm very sad for you, hopefully no credit cards were in your purse... Sounds like it was too much of a booze cruse! Stay safe, love ya Mom

    ReplyDelete