Monday, August 18, 2014

Kbear's Expanding Table Emporium

I was looking for a pedistal or trestle dining table so I could add a bench for more seating. Our old ikea table had draw leaves and I loved them but I hated the legs on the end. It really limited the number of chairs you could fit around it. We wanted to stay with a square table and I didn't want to spend $1000. This left me scouring cl for a very specific kind of table. I had been finding tables but I must cl wrong or something because I got zero replies. 

Finally someone replied to me! The table wasn't perfect but the size was right. With some paint and stain I could make it work. I promptly sold our ikea table (aka gave it to my sister-in-law). 

This happened on Thursday. The next Monday I was perusing cl for patio chairs and came across an almost identical table with a crummier top but an awesome base. I emailed about it figuring I would get no response but I got a response and am now the proud owner of not one but two expanding trestle base tables, and 4 antique chairs in pretty poor shape. 

Upping my project count to maybe 10? 

I don't think our kitchen can hold two tables. 

Scrambles and butters for the photobomb. 


No comments:

Post a Comment