Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Conquering my fear of the sewing machine

I am afraid of my sewing machine. Really it's because I have no idea how to work the thing. It seems like it should be easy but something always goes wrong. I should be able to work this thing. I can crochet, knit, and upholster so I should be able to sew. 

I needed cording and a pillow for my almost 10 year rocking chair project, and since I am working up to reupholster my antique sofa I need some sewing skills under my belt. I got it out this weekend and with the help of YouTube and Google I was able to fashion some decent cording. Tonight I finished the pillow and it came out so cute! There are mistakes that are killing my perfectionist side, but it looks good for my first attempt. I should have made it bigger but I think it will look cute with the kids chair. 

Not too shabby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment