Saturday, April 14, 2012

We finally decided to finish what scrambles started.

Well we decided to go for it and redo the converted garage that scrambles so graciously decided to start demo on during our kitchen remodel. The plan is to turn the space into a master suite complete with a second bathroom. What is our laundry area will become part bathroom and part walk in closet. The washer and dryer will be in our walk in closet, which I thought might be a little weird, but we have no place for a dedicated laundry. I guess the upside is the ultra convenience of having a washer and dryer in the closet.

Here is the kicker, we decided to do almost the entire project ourselves. We figured it can't possibly take us any longer than the kitchen and we hired a professional to do that. So we are gonna try to do it on our own. We win if we finish in less time than it took for the kitchen, which, by the way, took 6 months.

I think we are on track for a win! The Plummer has already jackhammered through the foundation, tied into the city lines, and fixed the yard up, all in the span of 4 days.

Today E decided to try his hand at demo while I took care of baby bear. He did pretty good and got almost all the drywall off. He just has the ceiling left.

1 comment:

  1. WOW it looks like the fun has begun! ! ! It has to be faster then your contractor:)

    ReplyDelete