Monday, October 11, 2010

Huffing some paint and hanging out at Zilker

I was pretty stoked to get this past Friday off for Austin City Limits Music Festival...that was until I got home. That was where I found our painters barricaded in the kitchen with fumes so strong that I couldn't walk into the house. The front door was open, but not one single window in the entire house was open. I wondered if these guys ever even used oil paint before. I looked at the guy and said "no window" to which his reply was a smile and a "Hi". I decided it was best to not hang out in the fumes so I opened the windows and went to the back yard. Fast forward to 8:00 pm, painters still in the house, and me and Bear start hearing loud bangs coming from
the kitchen. Concerned, Bear went in only to find the painter laid out on the floor in the kitchen. After several attempts to get them to leave the contractor was called who then drove to our house and then drove the painters home. The incident left us with half primed cabinets, a small hole in the wood floors, some craizily rigged paint sprayer extension, and a house that could get you high on paint in a matter of 60 seconds.
















After a discussion with our contractor where we had to explain that to paint with oil paint you open windows, the cabinets are on there way to being painted. And we were able to thoroughly enjoy our ACL weekend. Just look at EBear rockin' out!

















Currently we are on coat 1 on the drawers, and the cabinets and doors have all been primed.
Just look at those shiny drawers. With any luck, the painting should be done on Friday. I guess, if anything, the take home message here is that oil paint is messy and smelly, so if you are ever planning on painting cabinets with oil based paint, its better to hire someone else to do it....as long as they don't dig getting high on paint :)

In other news, my teeth and almost 95 percent healed, which is great because I was starting ot miss food! And my invisiline pictures just came in. I approved and decided to order and pay the old fashioned american way...on credit! But its interest free!

In gutter news, the downspouts have yet to be put in and ground around the french drain still needs to be leveled....lets hope it doesn't rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment